Our big question for Autumn 1 is:
Ruthless killers or peaceful settlers?
Throughout this topic we will be exploring a range of key questions which will help us develop our understanding of what life was like in Viking Britain. The key questions we will be focussing on are:
- What image do we have of the Vikings?
- Why have the Vikings gained such a bad reputation?
- How did the Vikings try to take over the country and how close did they get?
- How have recent excavations changed our view of the Vikings?
- What can we learn about Viking settlements from a study of place name endings?