I recognise there are lots of rumours circulating around this situation so I would like to be clear about a few aspects:
- School is open and learning is happening as normal, as far as possible.
- There are currently no plans to shut school. We will continue to assess day by day about staff numbers but so far we are okay. We will continue to hear the daily updates from the Government but currently schools are to remain open. If there are any changes we will let you know.
- If school events need to be cancelled we will let you know via app notifications and the website.
- Our main form of contact, especially with a number of families being at home will be via the school website and the school app. Please ensure you have downloaded our school app to be able to keep up to date.
- We are very aware of children being at home with family members potentially for long periods of time. We understand how frustrating this will be, especially if they are not ill themselves. We are in the process of collating a number of different resources and ideas and these will be shared on our website in due course. There is no requirement for us to provide work packs.
- We are continuing with our new system of regular hand washing where children wash their hands when they enter school, after break, before food and after lunch.