As you will know we are expecting very warm weather on Monday and Tuesday next week. To help our school community cope with this heat we are making the following recommendations:
- Children should wear shorts and a plain light coloured, loose fitting top. Please note this does not need to be red for Monday and Tuesday but should not include any offensive or inappropriate slogans. Tops should also cover midriffs.
- Children should wear a hat when outdoors.
- Please ensure your child has sunscreen applied in the morning and a bottle (for top ups) can be sent into school. Please make sure this is named.
- Children should bring a water bottle into school, if they do not already have one. They must regularly drink water throughout the day to keep hydrated and will be encouraged to do so by staff
We will be taking the following steps:
- Windows in school will be opened as early in the day as possible.
- We have a number of rooms in school with air conditioning. Those classrooms with air conditioning will be shared as much as possible with classes with no air conditioning.
- Children will remain inside during the hottest parts of the day.
- PE lessons will not happen and physical activity will be discouraged. Y2 Bikeability lessons for Y2 will not be happening on Monday and Tuesday but will happen during the rest of the week.
- We will be monitoring the children more closely especially for signs of heat exhaustion. We will ring parents/carers if a child is unwell and needs to be sent home. Please ensure your phone number is up to date in school.