Hi Year 2,
We hope you are all enjoying the sunshine and keeping safe.
The icons below are still being updated with new activities for you to have go at but the government have just produced some lessons for each year group. Below are the links to the 2 different styles you could have a look at. The lessons produced by The Oak Academy are quite structured and led by a real teacher and the BBC bitesize is are more one off activities to dip in and out of.
Have a look at the links below to see if you might like to listen and learn using them and see which style suits you.
Miss Durrant and Mrs Hopson
Oak National Academy
In this week’s 5 lessons, you will learn:
● Be able to recognise the key features text type
● Continued development of reading comprehension skills with a focus on The Firework Maker's Daughter
● Develop grammar linked to genre
● Genre focus: Instructions (how to make a firework)
● Faces, shapes and patterns
● Exploring ways of calculating strategies
● Multiplication and division
● Unit 1: Light
● Unit 2: Space
● What is light?
Humanities: Shang Dynasty
Spanish: To learn the alphabet and numbers 1-5 in Spanish
Creative: To investigate colours
• A different activity each day covering reading, writing and punctuation
• Finding 1 more and 1 less
• Counting in 2s, 3s, 5s and 10s
• Counting 10s and 1s
• Showing numbers up to 100 in different ways
• Maths challenges
1) History – How can I be a historian?
2) Geography – the four countries of the UK
3) Science – Seasons, day and night
4) Music – how to use your voice
5) Wellbeing – how to manage emotions like anger
Each day there is an English lesson, a Maths lesson and one foundation lesson.