Bramley St Peter's Church of England (VA) Primary School
Journeying Together With God
Good morning Year 5,
How was your first week at home? We hope you all managed to keep a diary in your exercise books as I'm really looking forward to finding what your week was like. We hope you managed to get outside whilst the weather was lovely! Did any of you manage to join in with Joe Wick's PE everyday?
We know it's very different doing your school work at home but we hope you are making good progress with the Home Learning packs we sent out to you. If you are looking for something else to do this week in your exercise books, here are some ideas for this week:
Continuing with your work on fractions please use this website https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/ to access this weeks learning. Good luck! Do what you can do but remember, don't worry if there is anything you are struggling with! Ask your parents/carers to write a note in your exercise book and we will know what to help you with when we see you again!
Don't forget to keep practising your spellings on SpellingShed or your handwriting.
Did you know that Amazon have made all their children's books free during this period? Why not go to https://www.amazon.co.uk/Childrens-Books-Audiobooks/ to listen to some fantastic stories!
This week could you write a short story based on the image below? Let your imagination go wild! Remember to write them in your books so we can read them when you come back to school.
If you're looking for something else to do this week could you challenge yourself to do one of these activities each day? If you can, take photos and stick them in your books. If you can't, don't worry - the important thing is that you have lots of fun doing them!
1. Put on your own play - can you act out a short play for your family? Maybe you can cast them in it!
2. Visit a museum - Travel to the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C, USA at https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/smithsonian-national-air-and-space-museum?hl=en and take a virtual tour!
3. Watch a film - Why not relax with your favourite film?
4. Meditate - Take some time out during your day to enjoy the silence. You do not have to meditate for long; even a minute of meditation, where you try to block out the noise, can be incredibly helpful for your mental health.
5. Cook a meal - remember to ask your parents/carers first, but could you prepare a meal for you family?